VOLVO CARS POOLE PIRATES v KING'S LYNN TRUCKS R US STARS - Wednesday 12th July 2017 - SGB Premiership

12
peptalk peptalk

VOLVO CARS POOLE PIRATES v KING'S LYNN TRUCKS R US STARS - Wednesday 12th July 2017 - SGB Premiership

This post was updated on .
Poole 44
K. Kasprzak 0,0,2,3=5
J. Holder 2,1,3,1',1'=8+2
N. Klindt 0,1,0=1
R. Worrall 2,0,2,1=5
H. Andersen 2,6,2,2',2=14+1
P. Starke 3,R,2',0,1,3=9+1
J. Shanes 1,1',0=2+1

King's Lynn 49
T. Batchelor 1,3,3,0=7
T. Jorgensen 3,2',0,1=6+1
K. Huckenbeck 3,1',0,3=7+1
R. Lambert 1,2,3,2,0=8
C. Holder 3,3,3,1,3=13
L. Rose 2,2',1,1,2'=8+2
D. Ayres 0,0,0=0

Ht 1 T. Jorgensen J. Holder T. Batchelor K. Kasprzak 2-4 (2-4) (59.72)
Ht 2 P. Starke L. Rose J. Shanes D. Ayres 4-2 (6-6) (60.09)
Ht 3 K. Huckenbeck R. Worrall R. Lambert N. Klindt 2-4 (8-10) (60.5)
Ht 4 C. Holder H. Andersen J. Shanes D. Ayres 3-3 (11-13) (60.1)
Ht 5 T. Batchelor T. Jorgensen N. Klindt R. Worrall 1-5 (12-18) (60.56)
Ht 6 C. Holder L. Rose J. Holder K. Kasprzak 1-5 (13-23) (60.82)
Ht 7 H. Andersen (TR) R. Lambert K. Huckenbeck P. Starke (Rtd) 6-3 (19-26) (60.88)
Ht 8 J. Holder P. Starke L. Rose T. Jorgensen 5-1 (24-27) (60.84)
Ht 9 C. Holder R. Worrall L. Rose N. Klindt 2-4 (26-31) (60.6)
Ht 10 R. Lambert K. Kasprzak J. Holder K. Huckenbeck 3-3 (29-34) (60.87)
Ht 11 T. Batchelor H. Andersen T. Jorgensen P. Starke 2-4 (31-38) (60.69)
Ht 12 K. Huckenbeck L. Rose P. Starke J. Shanes 1-5 (32-43) (60.63)
Ht 13 K. Kasprzak H. Andersen C. Holder T. Batchelor 5-1 (37-44) ()
Ht 14 P. Starke R. Lambert R. Worrall D. Ayres 4-2 (41-46) (61.37)
Ht 15 C. Holder H. Andersen J. Holder R. Lambert 3-3 (44-49) (61.44)

Referee M.Breckon
Gates: King's Lynn won toss and chose gates 1&3 in heat 1. Poole took gates 1&3 in heat 15
Poole 0 league points King's Lynn 3 league points

1. Fierce first turn in which Holder stood firm and fended off Batchelor, but Jorgensen broke free.
2. Tapes to flag by Starke and Shanes applied early pressure on Rose before the race settled down over course of first lap
3. Worrall away well and Klindt showed turn of pace down back straight to join him but took the line off turn four too gingerly and was picked off. Huckenbeck then forced a way by Worrall who had to be alert to hold back Lambert on run to flag
4 Holder (C) and Andersen looked as though they were heading for the restaurant around the pit turn but the Aussie just had the better line. Shanes battled to get by Ayres, who went down on turn 1 lap 2 but rapidly remounted
5 Klindt trapped and was leading, but once he lifted he lost command and drifted to third.
6 Jack Holder worked overtime after an indifferent start off gate 4 but despite his ever mounting efforts he couldnt get by the Stars man who proved to be the Rose between two Holders!
7 Andersen took the tactical ride and more than played his part but unfortunately Starke pulled up at the pit turn on the opening lap.
8 Vital maximum score as Holder and Starke (in for Shanes) ease home over Rose (in for Ayres) and Jorgensen
9 Win number three for Chris Holder, unchallenged but Worrall sees off Rose
10 Jack Holder made good start and it seemed as though KK might join him but Lambert battled furiously and took up the lead from both of them
11 Both Pirates were throwing everything in to this one but neither could get by the Star that was leading them.
12 A huge maximum from the visitors as they shot from the start and gave no room for Starke to attack
13 KK took control and Andersen dug extremely deeply as he determinedly forced his way by Holder and made the move stick despite Holder battling back with a vengeance. Great battle
14 Good ride from Starke to pick off Lambert, just after Worrall had rounded Ayres, all just a little too late!
15 Holder (C) from gate Andersen prodded and probed but couldnt shift, Holder (J) just held on for third

Essex Pirate Essex Pirate

Re: VOLVO CARS POOLE PIRATES v KING'S LYNN TRUCKS R US STARS - Wednesday 12th July 2017 - SGB Premiership

The fight back has started,guess Chris will be tryin even harder to show what we are missing which is  clearly an all singing and dancing no1
3rd B C  SNOOPY 3rd B C SNOOPY

Re: VOLVO CARS POOLE PIRATES v KING'S LYNN TRUCKS R US STARS - Wednesday 12th July 2017 - SGB Premiership

Sadly I got held up on the journey from Heathrow & didn't get back home in Bournemouth until after 8pm so looks like I saved myself £17

Two of our top riders not clicking & after tonight I would say that Poole's season is just about over unless Matt brings in a proper number & Nic takes a sabbatical
ANDY SCOREY THE RED BARON
 GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
17johnbren 17johnbren

Re: VOLVO CARS POOLE PIRATES v KING'S LYNN TRUCKS R US STARS - Wednesday 12th July 2017 - SGB Premiership

well lets face it  he has not got a lot to beat
Essex Pirate Essex Pirate

Re: VOLVO CARS POOLE PIRATES v KING'S LYNN TRUCKS R US STARS - Wednesday 12th July 2017 - SGB Premiership

I think Klindt was always a risk if he got in the main body of the team as he has struggled at other clubs he was a top reserve but cant hide there anymore,as for KK i was pleased when he signed but how long will Matt give him 2 from 3 so far not no 1 form
Essex Pirate Essex Pirate

Re: VOLVO CARS POOLE PIRATES v KING'S LYNN TRUCKS R US STARS - Wednesday 12th July 2017 - SGB Premiership

Couldn't have put it better myself,maybe a sting in the tail but butterflies don't sting do they
Frankfurt Pirate Frankfurt Pirate

Re: VOLVO CARS POOLE PIRATES v KING'S LYNN TRUCKS R US STARS - Wednesday 12th July 2017 - SGB Premiership

Can't watch this any more.

What's on the telly?
3rd B C  SNOOPY 3rd B C SNOOPY

Re: VOLVO CARS POOLE PIRATES v KING'S LYNN TRUCKS R US STARS - Wednesday 12th July 2017 - SGB Premiership

Three race winners to Poole after eleven heats. Eight heat winners to Kings Lynn. What's the excuse going to be this time . . . The track again???
ANDY SCOREY THE RED BARON
 GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
tidgy tidgy

Re: VOLVO CARS POOLE PIRATES v KING'S LYNN TRUCKS R US STARS - Wednesday 12th July 2017 - SGB Premiership

oh dear, What is Matt going to do next, Wimborne Rd was once a fortress but it seems the track is no advantage and teams are coming here thinking there going to win, another poor show from the no1 and Klindt is a reserve no more imo, Brady is a massive loss and Hans and Jack cannot carry the team.
Many a friend has been found at Poole Speedway, and a few sadly lost, may all stay safe in 2016
3rd B C  SNOOPY 3rd B C SNOOPY

Re: VOLVO CARS POOLE PIRATES v KING'S LYNN TRUCKS R US STARS - Wednesday 12th July 2017 - SGB Premiership

This Poole team has got to be the weakest one to seven in recent history. The only good things so far to come out of the season is the maturity of Brady, the consistency of Hans & the emergence of Jack in the top league
ANDY SCOREY THE RED BARON
 GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
3rd B C  SNOOPY 3rd B C SNOOPY

Re: VOLVO CARS POOLE PIRATES v KING'S LYNN TRUCKS R US STARS - Wednesday 12th July 2017 - SGB Premiership

Heat 13 & the Pirates have woken up & realised they have a meeting on their hands
ANDY SCOREY THE RED BARON
 GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
tidgy tidgy

Re: VOLVO CARS POOLE PIRATES v KING'S LYNN TRUCKS R US STARS - Wednesday 12th July 2017 - SGB Premiership

Careful Ash, Postie and i got terrible grief for sayin that kind of thing, but i totally agree, a weak team in a weak league. Oh to see a good Blue Riband event.
Many a friend has been found at Poole Speedway, and a few sadly lost, may all stay safe in 2016
17johnbren 17johnbren

Re: VOLVO CARS POOLE PIRATES v KING'S LYNN TRUCKS R US STARS - Wednesday 12th July 2017 - SGB Premiership

yes i agree a 3 man team  feel sorry for neil
3rd B C  SNOOPY 3rd B C SNOOPY

Re: VOLVO CARS POOLE PIRATES v KING'S LYNN TRUCKS R US STARS - Wednesday 12th July 2017 - SGB Premiership

I know Les. Even without the Blue Riband we would see at least two or three of the world's top riders at every league meeting
ANDY SCOREY THE RED BARON
 GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
3rd B C  SNOOPY 3rd B C SNOOPY

Re: VOLVO CARS POOLE PIRATES v KING'S LYNN TRUCKS R US STARS - Wednesday 12th July 2017 - SGB Premiership

Cheers Southern Fried for the updates
ANDY SCOREY THE RED BARON
 GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
SOUTHERN ACE SOUTHERN ACE

Re: VOLVO CARS POOLE PIRATES v KING'S LYNN TRUCKS R US STARS - Wednesday 12th July 2017 - SGB Premiership

Sorry Snoops tonight was all Steves hard work, as I had hard work....watching at Wimborne Road. All I will say is that like a one seated car, Poole learnt tonight that you cannot carry any passengers. Fact is if Nicolai was fit and KK being a real number one, we would have had a chance. Worrall had a good debut, but of course could not cover Brady's scoring power and we expected that. Everybody else did their job for the Pirates, even Middlo making the right calls.

Kings Lynn we never headed from heat one. They took full advantage of a struggling Pirates outfit. Jorgensen on his debut set their ball rolling by winning heat one and the Stars never looked back after that. Holder proved his point with fours win from five starts, and from there there was plenty of support.

Pirates are in disarray and with so many meetings in quick succession are in danger of dropping out of the play-off positions. No doubt Matt will act, but time will not be on his side if he is to put things back on course.

Food for thought.....Bjarne Pedersen looked well and smiling when asked if he would don the Pirates kevlars again when I spoke to him.....No comment, but.......who knows!
Exterminate.....New avatar showing what might happen to Mrs.Ace if she beats me in the fantasy league!.....By the way Mrs.Ace is on the right lol!!!!
forty38 forty38

Re: VOLVO CARS POOLE PIRATES v KING'S LYNN TRUCKS R US STARS - Wednesday 12th July 2017 - SGB Premiership

Not sure about it being a 3 man team. Richie Worrall tried hard  and  James Shanes did exactly what was expected of him, he beat their number 7 twice. Simple fact is you cannot carry a number one and also a rider who is not fit enough to race.
After the rain we had on Tuesday the hope was that the track would be better  but although it was smoother it looked under watered and slick.
Lets hope the usual queue of riders wanting to come to Poole actually exist and a change is made soon.
Essex Pirate Essex Pirate

Re: VOLVO CARS POOLE PIRATES v KING'S LYNN TRUCKS R US STARS - Wednesday 12th July 2017 - SGB Premiership

Matt may well act but with the lack of top riders interested in riding here who does he ring.Who's place is in danger and who is there to take his place ?
SOUTHERN ACE SOUTHERN ACE

Re: VOLVO CARS POOLE PIRATES v KING'S LYNN TRUCKS R US STARS - Wednesday 12th July 2017 - SGB Premiership

For sure Nicolai and Krzyzstof are under the microscope by way of team changes surely. Injury and lack of form respectively must be of real concern for matt right now. By the way forty38, you are quite right about Shanes, he did his job as you point out. My fault in not mentioning him.

As regards replacements Matt has his own problems in finding riders but on occasions it because of rules, rider restrictions imposed such as the Poles ruling the roost, and points limits. I'm sure many riders would ride for us if they were permitted to
Exterminate.....New avatar showing what might happen to Mrs.Ace if she beats me in the fantasy league!.....By the way Mrs.Ace is on the right lol!!!!
wildman wildman

Re: VOLVO CARS POOLE PIRATES v KING'S LYNN TRUCKS R US STARS - Wednesday 12th July 2017 - SGB Premiership

To be fair to Klindtyboy, until he got his recent serious injuries, he had performed extremely well for Pirates this year with a number of 10+ point scores.  It is true he did this when riding at reserve, but he also won a number of races in heats where he had taken the place of an off-form rider in the main body of the team.  I think he's done the right thing in stepping down and, if he ever looks in on this website, I'd like to thank Klindyboy for his efforts and success this year before he got his injuries and wish him well in his recovery.
12