Gates: POOLE won toss and chose gates 1&3 | Wolverhampton take gates 2&4
Referee Dave Robinson
1. All the way for Grajczonek but a bad get away left Kurtz a lot to do. Saw off Masters before the Wolves #1 retired but couldnt reel in Howarth
2. Guest Ayres had fresh air away from the tapes. Worrall kept lining him up but unable to make his presence felt
3. Klindt went backwards at the start, N.Morris tore off into the distance.
4. Harris made the gate! Joined by Jakobsen but lap 3 Thorssell got into the mix to split
5. Problems sorted for Klindt in this one after a sluggish first ride, Woryna so nearly joined him round the pit turn on the first circuit but just unable to follow the move through.
6. Thorssell went far too early and penalised 15m. Machine problems for Kurtz off scratch and he is passed by the first turn and rapidly pulls up. Grajczonek led all the way and Thorssell rounded his partner for the second place.
7. Worrall looked to have gone fractionally early but race continued and Morris had him pegged in third whilst Harris led. Worrall pestered throughout and whipped by Morris on lap four to extend the advantage
8 Ayres comes down in tough first turn but race continues and he clears track. Grajczonek and Jakobsen no match for Howarth. Pirates beginning to flex their muscles
9. Masters replaces Ashely Morris under the tac sub option. Klindt flinches, Masters goes, tapes broken. Master penalised 15m. Klindt warned. Thorssell thwarted Klindts attempt on lap 1 to go flying by him on back straight, Thorssell shooting off into the distance
10 Kurtz much more like his old self in this one, Morris skewed into the fence on pit turn doing well to save it, but he'd lost too much ground
11 Tasty heat with two races in one, Harris trying to save his maximum, Masters having other plans and holding the onslaught off, whilst Worrall battled away with Howarth almost making a double pass
12. Another 5-1 with some comfort in truth.
13. Superb race after a ragged start. The Pirates attacked from the back and Harris was all over Masters and looking for any half opportunity. Kurtz always in contention and if one had gone by maybe they both would.
14. Morris was heading the Poole duo but Worrall was determined and found a way through. Woryna was closely in touch
15. Poole boys missed the gate, Harris went as wide as he could, shrugged off Thorssell but Masters was making it three on the bounce for his personal achievement